Sunday, August 28, 2016

Summer Updates

I know that many of you lot possess got been off having wonderful adventures over summertime thence may possess got missed around of my updates. I've summarised them all hither thence you lot tin start the novel schoolhouse twelvemonth knowing precisely what's changed on resourceaholic.com.

Resource Libraries
My big project over summertime was to totally rewrite my Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 marking resources libraries equally they were yet aligned to the legacy specification. I possess got straight off published the next novel libraries:

Year 12 Pure Maths

Year xiii Pure Maths

Statistics (Year 12 together with 13)

Mechanics (Year 12 together with 13)

They're all accessible from the top menu. I promise they are helpful to Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 marking teachers. Thanks to Ian Tomkin who kindly volunteered to assistance me rewrite my mechanics page (I don't instruct mechanics thence I needed assistance alongside this!).

I equally good did around operate on my Key Stage iii together with 4 resources libraries (Gems 89) thence produce banking concern correspond it out. You mightiness similar lessons such equally 'Conventions for labelling the sides together with angles of triangles' together with 'Drawing diagrams from a written description'.

I equally good made a start on adding resources from variationtheory.com together with mathsvenns.com to my resources libraries, though this is yet operate inwards progress. And I know that around of my longer topic listings demand to live shortened together with improved - again, I volition larn to it (perhaps side yesteryear side summer!).

Conferences
I updated my maths conferences page for 2018/19. Please allow me know if I've missed anything. I volition update it throughout the twelvemonth when events are announced. Have a expect straight off together with run across if there's anything you lot desire to attend. There are thence many cracking events to direct from!

I volition live speaking at #mathsconf17 inwards Birmingham on 13th October. Here's a description of my workshop:



If you're coming to #mathsconf17 together with looking for somewhere to rest on the Fri nighttime a few of us possess got booked the Premier Inn close New Street Station.

Blog Posts
In representative you lot missed it, I wrote Gems 92 right at the start of the holidays. It included loads of lovely stuff, especially on ratio. In early on August I equally good wrote Gems 93 which featured lots of cracking tasks together with resources.

In conjunction alongside Craig Barton's latest podcast, Year seven Maths Activities inwards which I shared 6 tasks which mightiness operate good inwards a outset lesson of the year.

Do possess got a psyche to Craig's podcast for loads for cracking advice on outset lessons.

For those of you lot who are planning your outset Year 12 lesson, banking concern correspond out my post service from lastly twelvemonth 'Planning for September: Year 12' inwards which I shared around lesson slides that you lot mightiness uncovering helpful.

#Latemaths
I launched my quaternary maths social final result together with possess got already sold a quarter of the tickets. #Latemaths takes house inwards London during one-half term on Sat 27th October. It features a mass launch together with loads of mathematical fun thence produce mass tickets straight off earlier they sell out. Bring your colleagues! All the details are at latemaths.weebly.com.

Displays
If you lot savor putting upwards a twosome of novel posters at the start of a novel schoolhouse year, or if you lot operate inwards a schoolhouse that insists on fresh corridor displays for Open Evening, you lot tin uncovering my updated displays page here.
I'm currently loving First G Digits of Pi' display which actually brightens upwards soiled schoolhouse corridors together with is a cracking talking request for passing students. Importantly, it's equally good really quick together with slowly to lay up!

And finally...
I wrote the MA August e-News which you lot tin read here for the latest tidings from The Mathematical Association. I equally good wrote a magazine article close teaching indices together with an accompanying resources which (hopefully) volition live published at around request inwards the side yesteryear side twosome of months.

Before anyone tells me off for working over summertime instead of relaxing, I tin assure you lot that I did a huge amount of relaxing! Because I'm starting a novel job, I had no schoolhouse operate to produce over summertime for the outset fourth dimension inwards 10 years. I spent the outset 2 weeks of the summertime intermission away on a wonderful trouble solid unit of measurement holiday, staying inwards a cottage close Hay-on-Wye. I had a lovely fourth dimension inwards the remaining 4 weeks - highlights included an amazing nighttime out alongside friends at my outset e'er Secret Cinema event, enjoying 2 awesome escape rooms alongside lovely colleagues, watching numerous films alongside my hubby (A Quiet Place is thence good!), together with enjoying lots of drawing, jigsaws together with days out alongside my 2 daughters. I equally good got the direct a opportunity to direct grip of upwards alongside around friends from Twitter, thank you lot to Dr Frost.

Megan, Adam, me, Stuart, Chris, Nikki, Colin, Jamie together with Daniel.
Photo taken yesteryear @CantabKitty at Jamie Frost's summertime drinks.


My youngest missy is starting reception side yesteryear side calendar week together with I'm going full-time later 6 years of working part-time... So I estimate it's nearly fourth dimension to switch the warning clock dorsum on. Like most people, I'm feeling really deplorable that summertime is over just I'm certain that inside a calendar week or 2 we'll all live dorsum inwards the swing of things.

Good luck alongside novel schoolhouse twelvemonth everyone!