Sunday, September 11, 2016

5 Maths Gems #80

Welcome to my 80th gems post. This is where I percentage around of the latest news, ideas as well as resources for maths teachers.

1. Times Tables Tool
La Salle Education bring made a complimentary version of their Times Tables app available to everyone. It includes multiple representation of multiplication as well as partitioning facts. I expect frontwards to using this amongst my immature adult woman when she starts learning nigh multiplication.
2. Twinkl Taster Pack
I blogged nigh Twinkl's novel secondary maths resources dorsum inward Gems 65. They've straight off shared a free taster pack which includes a laid upward of revision mats suitable for Foundation GCSE students.
3. Quadratics Resources
Thanks to @TeacherBowTie for sharing around lovely quadratics resources including an A3 quadratics consolidation activity which would operate good for revision as well as a problem solving activity for practising factorising.

I've added both resources to my algebra resources library.
4. Times Table Facts
This times tables resource from Anthony Clohesy is good worth a expect - it shows the exclusively 28 times tabular array facts students demand to learn, arranged inward lodge from of import (at the bottom) to hard (at the top). While you're there, depository fiscal establishment agree out the residuum of his website thechalkface.net.
5. Universcale
Thanks to my lovely colleague Jane Zimmermann for telling me nigh Nikon's 'The Scale of the Universe' that I shared inward Gems 12, agency dorsum inward 2014.


Update
In illustration you lot missed it, my post 'The Top v Christmas Gifts for Maths Teachers This Year' was published yesteryear TeachWire. While you're thinking nigh your want list, bring a expect at Craig Barton's novel majority 'How I Wish I'd Taught Maths' which is straight off available to pre-order. I've been real lucky to bring a sneak preview of this majority - it's fantastic. Look out for my weblog post nigh it soon.

Did you lot choose handgrip of my post nigh MathsJam? If you're a maths enthusiast as well as so produce essay as well as choke involved inward your local MathsJam or come upward along to the annual gathering adjacent year.

In September I took purpose inward a researchED struggle called 'When the maths hits the fan: what produce the GCSE results actually mean?'. The recording of that session has straight off been published online - if you lot bring a spare xl minutes, produce bring a listen.

If you lot intend to come upward to BCME (the hugely exciting maths conference taking house at Easter that I wrote nigh here) delight recollect that you lot exclusively bring a brace of weeks left to use for a bursary. I've applied!

You also exclusively bring a brace of weeks left to percentage your thought nigh the proposed champaign of report association amalgamation - delight add together comments here.

Mock GCSE flavor is straight off upon us - expect out for my upcoming weblog post nigh the best revision resources as well as tools to back upward students inward their examine preparation.

I'll move out you lot amongst this nifty inquiry from Mark Chubb‏ (@MarkChubb3). Do these 2 bring the same area? Same perimeter? Will this ever live on truthful no affair how they are set together?