Saturday, September 10, 2016

Jo's Weblog Posts Inward 2017

I wrote 55 spider web log posts in 2017 - simply over 1 per calendar week - which is far fewer than the 78 posts I published inwards 2016. This wasn't intentional. My novel chore is pretty total on too since September it's been difficult to respect the fourth dimension to write. This is frustrating because I beloved blogging!

Every Dec I similar to reverberate on what I've written most over the course of teaching of the year. Today I'm featuring a choice of the posts I specially enjoyed writing - simply inwards example you lot missed them.

Dan Walker
I loved writing a post most Dan Walker's Resources dorsum inwards Feb because I got to pass fourth dimension looking through all his lovely PowerPoints. It ended upwards beingness 1 of my favourite posts of the year. If you're non familiar amongst these fantastic resources so convey a await now!
Challenging Algebra
My recent post 'Algebraic Fluency - 50s Style' generated a lot of involvement too enthusiasm. H5N1 issue of teachers emailed me to state that this post led to discussions inwards their maths subdivision most how nosotros tin sack increase the degree of challenge inwards the algebra questions nosotros give to our GCSE students. This post also initiated a collaborative projection to larn some of the exercises typed upwards - I volition spider web log most this over Christmas.
National Challenges too Competitions
When I joined the teaching profession I was surprised that in that place appeared to endure no fundamental source of information - many things were communicated by intelligence of oral fissure or through local authorization networks, too some schools knew really lilliputian most what was available nationally to back upwards teachers too students. Over the years I convey attempted to laid this yesteryear publishing 'listings' - school tripsin-school enrichment, too so on. The most recent improver to this catalogue of information is my post most maths challenges too competitions. I promise that yesteryear publishing this post, to a greater extent than students volition endure given access to these fantastic opportunities.
Source: Primary Maths Challenge
What's Happening In My Classroom
I similar to write most things that I do inwards my classroom - it's a skilful chance for me to reverberate too improve. There used to endure lots of maths bloggers who did this, but it's increasingly rare. I'd beloved to read to a greater extent than most what goes on inwards other schools. My post about Papers Society and Structured Revision Lessons gave teachers an insight into what I was doing amongst my Year 11s inwards the sew together to their GCSE exams, too my post The Folder Experiment... Revisited described why my students straightaway usage folders instead of exercises books. In my post Working Well: C1 too C2 I wrote most some things I was trying amongst my Year 12s including vertical binomial expansions too the grid method for division.
Cover Work
In Cover Work I shared a criterion template for a encompass lesson inwards maths - 1 that I ended upwards using many times inwards setting piece of employment for a provide instructor over the terminal few weeks. I promise that other teachers convey flora this template useful too.

September Lessons
I don't similar all my posts to endure most resources - sometimes I convey opinions to part too! - but I know that maths teachers do goodness most when I part resources that salve them time. In my post Bridging the Gap... Revisited I wrote most the transition from GCSE to H5N1 degree too shared a uncomplicated algebra attempt out for assessing students at the start of Year 12. In Planning for September: Year 12 I shared some ideas too resources for the commencement calendar week of term.

New GCSE Topics
To conclude my serial of posts looking at novel GCSE topics, I wrote New GCSE: Functions inwards which I explained the novel GCSE specification for functions too shared some helpful resources for this topic. With over 6,000 visits so far it's the most viewed post I wrote inwards 2017. I approximate people usage it when they're planning their functions lessons. This makes me happy.
Surprisingly, my most viewed post of all fourth dimension is yet - later on iii years - my post most methods for finding a Highest Common Factor too Lowest Common Multiple, which has had almost 30,000 views. It's worth a read if you're teaching this theme - Venns are non your alone alternative here.
 
I promise you lot flora my spider web log posts helpful inwards 2017. Do cheque out my archive for the total collection of posts too my list of maths gems for all the latest resources too updates.