Monday, September 5, 2016

#Mathsconf14

I had a wonderful twenty-four hours at #mathsconf14 inwards Kettering yesterday. Kettering is my favourite La Salle conference venue! Normally afterward a conference I write a detailed spider web log post service nearly all the novel things I learnt, only I've promised my daughters that I won't pass Mothering Dominicus on my laptop, thus today's post service is really short.

I had a lovely fourth dimension on Fri night, starting amongst celebratory drinks amongst my Twitter besties Craig, Ed too Tom (between us celebrating 3 novel books too i novel job).
I thus had a lovely dinner amongst friends, including my quondam colleague Mariana who was aid her starting fourth dimension ever conference. After dinner nosotros joined the balance of the delegates for drinks - what a fantastic turnout! I was actually grateful to Martin Noon who gave me or thus other beautiful old textbook to add together to my collection.


I had to acquire far at the conference ridiculously early Sabbatum to ready the MA bookstand, which I helped out on betwixt workshops. We gave complimentary goody bags to the starting fourth dimension 100 visitors, too had a busy twenty-four hours selling lots of fantabulous books. I didn't acquire fourth dimension to catch the balance of the exhibition only I was really pleased to run into Rob Eastaway on the Maths Inspiration stand, where I picked upward a complimentary truncatable prime number pencil (when y'all sharpen it, the disclose remains prime!). Here's Lucy Rycroft-Smith modelling a giant version:
I loaded upward on sweets to croak on me going - thank y'all to Rob Smith for stocking the tuck store amongst enough of astro belts (my favourite!).

I enjoyed all iv workshops I went to, too was gutted to immature adult woman the rest. It's ever thus difficult to alternative workshops. I won't acquire into item nearly the sessions I attended hither because I conduct keep already done thus inwards my podcast amongst Craig Barton. Craig too I sat downwardly straightaway afterward the conference (well, afterward he'd finished giving autographs) too recorded a chat nearly what nosotros learnt from each workshop. It's a relatively brusk podcast, thus if y'all tin spare twoscore minutes thus produce conduct keep a listen.
If people similar this 'Conference Takeaways' Podcast idea, we'll brand it a regular thing, thus produce allow us know your feedback.
I'm all fired upward for BCME now, which is exclusively 3 weeks away. Hopefully reckon y'all there, or at the side past times side La Salle conference inwards Manchester.

Thank y'all to Mark McCourt, the La Salle squad too everyone involved for or thus other fantastic day.